The Ferrells

Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 5

On day 5 we had a few extra surprises that weren't planned but they sure added to the fun. After church on Sunday my mom called and asked us if now was a good time to help put up her Christmas tree and decorate it (we do it for her every year and we look forward to it). Of course we said yes and drove right over to her house. The girls love putting up my mom's ornaments and they were so excited because my mom let them go in the attic to look around.

Here is the finished product (we did not invite Alexis to help this time).
After we finished decorating the tree Peyton invited my parents to come over to our house for our special candlelight dinner that was planned for Day 5 of the 24 days of Christmas. They accepted and drove on over. Here we are about to start our delicious meal.
It was fun to have my parents there to enjoy some of our traditions with us. After we ate my dad took the girls to see the Christmas lights down the street while my mom helped me clean up. Then they came back and played "Go Fish" with Grandpa. They had a great time. Alexis had a great time dancing with my mom to her favorite Christmas song "Jingle Bell Rock".

What a perfect ending to a fun day.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

BONUS...two special things today! I love the picture of your mom dancing with Alexis!