The Ferrells

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

June 2013

 After school got out for the summer we headed off to Utah for a fun family vacation.  We visited a huge sporting good store near my brother Andrew's house that had a ferris wheel inside.  We just had to ride on it.


Addison enjoyed playing on all of the camping equipment.

We went bowling at BYU.

Toured the BYU Museum of Art.


Visited The Wall in the Wilkinson Center.  My girls love this bench with a statue of Cosmo sitting on it.


And of course no trip to BYU would be complete without visiting the Cougar several times.


We spent lots of time at Andrew and Michelle's house and the girls loved playing in their backyard.


The girls loved to goof off in the condo while Addison was taking naps.

We visited Rachael's ex boyfriend Steve (yes this is the same Steve she ended up marrying but they were broken up at the time of our visit) and enjoyed the mansion he was living in one last time before he moved to Wisconsin.
The throne toilet.  My girls loved this room.


Jonas Brother's room.

The indoor basketball court.  It was so much fun to show the girls his house and then play outside in the backyard on their swing set.


Hailey got her picture taken in her baptism dress while we were in Provo so she could eventually have a portrait painted of her by Grandma Ferrell's friend Susan Comish.

Here is the final painting that Susan did of Hailey.  I just love it.


She also did one of Peyton in her baptism dress that I love too.


We went to Temple Square and enjoyed the Church History Museum.  The girls love going to the children's exhibit.  They always have so many fun things to do.



I really can not figure out why these pictures will not post the right way but I eventually will.  Andrew's family met us there along with Rachael.



We went to both visitor's centers on Temple square.




And we went inside the Tabernacle.

We also went to Seven Peaks several times but I have no pictures from that.  We always love going to Utah for our vacations.  The Ferrell's condo is so great to vacation in and there is always something fun to do in the nice Utah summer weather.

When we got back from Utah we celebrated Hailey's 8th birthday.


She had a fun little birthday party with some of her friends and cousins.



My cousin Amy got married in the Mesa, AZ temple to Scott Welker in June.  It was such a fun reception and was great to spend time with our Gaisford family.
My brother Scott and my sister Rachael are so much fun to be around.

I just love my little sister.

Peyton was so excited to see my cousin Claire's daughter Elise at the wedding reception (they live in California).  They just had to see each other again the next day.

Addison loves her Aunt Rachael.


Peyton really loves to decorate cakes.  Grandma Ferrell got her lots of cake decorating tools and she decided to make a special cake for Grandma Ferrell's birthday.  She did a great job.



2 comments:

RCardon said...

These posts are jam-packed full of goodness. So much to say! The painting of Hailey turned out beautiful. I love it! And, I just can't think about the fact that I won't get to hang out in Utah with the Ferrells on your summer/fall vacations anymore...those were the highlight of the summer! Fourth of July at the condo and 7 Peaks were two of my favorite traditions! Great, now I'm getting all teary-eyed. I love and miss you all SO much!!!

Jen Hakes said...

Those paintings are priceless! What a great idea!