The Ferrells

Thursday, February 20, 2014

February 2014

The month of love.  I came downstairs after putting laundry in and I found Lexi and Addi cuddling and watching cartoons together.  This picture makes me happy.

I was able to take Peyton with me to Gammage to see The Wizard of OZ.  It was so good.  Peyton loved it and can't wait to see another play with me sometime.

 Peyton's school had a special party after school one Friday and the theme was Hollywood.  She had a great time dressing up with her friends and taking pictures.

 My sister-in-law Amber had a baby 2 months ago and Peyton loves to hold her.  She was happy to hold her during Jaxon's baptism.

 Grandma Ferrell gave the girls some cute little Valentine's she made and Alexis loved this noise maker.  Some of us were ready to throw it away after a few hours.

 Addison continues to want to dress up just like Alexis does.  This time she put on Lexi's favorite leotard and danced around.  Look how happy she is.  She is so proud of herself.

 We had another great Valentine's Day.  I love decorating the table and filling the girl's special heart boxes with little treats.


 The girls requested crepes with strawberries and whipped cream again this year.  Sometimes I wish they would ask for something that is a little less time intensive but I love spoiling them on this holiday.  It is worth getting up a little earlier to make them happy.

 Don't they look happy and ready to eat.

 Lexi doesn't like crepes but she sure loves strawberries with whipped cream so that is what she got.

 Addison was ready to eat her delicious breakfast.

 That night we had an early candlelight dinner.  I love this tradition.

After our early dinner Ryan and I left to go on our Valentine's date.  We don't usually go out on Valentine's Day but when Ryan saw that ASU was playing U of A in Tempe he had to get tickets.  So he bought me this great Arizona basketball shirt and tickets to the game for my gift.  It was a good game and went in to double overtime.  Unfortunately U of A lost by 3 at the end.  ASU stormed the court because U of A was ranked #2 in the nation and they were excited to beat them.  It was a great date regardless of the ending.  Such a great Valentine's Day.

This past weekend was a warm one so the girls decided it would be fun to jump on the trampoline with the sprinklers underneath.  Their cousin Jaxon came over with his cousins that were visiting from Las Vegas and they joined in on the fun.

Peyton got her braces off back in November but she has had to wear her retainer night and day because of the peg tooth she has in front.  It is a very small tooth and will never be bigger than what it is now.  So we had to consult a dentist on what would be the best plan of action for the tooth.  Our 3 options were to do nothing and she would have to continue wearing her retainer night and day to keep her teeth straight and her spacing correct, we could build up the tooth with bonding stuff but most likely it would have pieces break off because it isn't very strong, or we could get her a veneer.  Well the best option was of course the most expensive option but in the end it would be worth it.  So yesterday she got her veneer put on.  Here she is before the veneer was put on.

 Here she is after the tooth was put on.  She loves it and is so happy that she will no longer have to wear her retainer night and day.  

I'm so excited that I am finally caught up on my blog.  It can be such a daunting task when you get so far behind.  Luckily Peyton hounded me enough to get me to continue on instead of just letting it go.



1 comment:

AnnaMarie said...

Thanks, Peyton! You are all caught up, way to go! I have been loving your posts, but usually read them on my phone, so don't comment much. You are such a fun mom, to put extra effort into all of the holidays and do special things with your girls. They are so lucky to have you.