The Ferrells

Monday, May 2, 2011

Grandpa Gaisford Funeral Weekend- The Secret Garden

On the morning of my Grandpa's funeral I decided that I really wanted to take pictures of my girls in my Grandpa's backyard. Growing up my Grandpa lived in a beautiful home in Phoenix that had a huge front yard and backyard. He had the most beautiful flowers, trees, and grass and I always called it my secret garden. They moved to Gilbert when I was in High School and he built another beautiful secret garden in his backyard. He wasn't able to take care of his yard the past couple of years but the roses were in bloom and it looked beautiful to me.
Here we are in front of the gate to his garden. I love the cute Garden Tours sign.

The girls in front of some of his beautiful roses. My Grandma loved roses so my Grandpa always planted them for her.

In the middle of his yard is a water fountain that use to have cute rubber ducks in it. When Peyton was younger she loved to come over and play with the water and ducks.






I would love to have a secret garden of my own when I have a house. I am really going to miss my Grandpa's garden but I am so glad that I still have it in my memory and in some pictures.

2 comments:

Jen Hakes said...

What a great idea Emily! Wish I would have thought to take a few photos there. Really neat!

Lauren said...

What a beautiful memory. I love that. You look stunning in your blue dress and your girls all look so pretty, too.