The Ferrells

Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day. Ryan went and slept in a different room with Alexis' monitor just in case she had a bad night (which she did so I am glad he took care of it). He let me sleep in until 7:30 (I actually woke up at 6:30 because my body is use to getting up at that time but it was nice to lay in bed and read by myself). Hailey and Ryan made me a delicious breakfast in bed (toast, strawberries, and orange juice) and Alexis joined them in the middle of it. They gave me lots of gifts: a homemade pot holder and flowers from Peyton, laffy taffy and a cute homemade picture frame from Hailey, laffy taffy and a gift card from Alexis, and a few gift cards, flowers, and a book from Ryan. Ryan took care of the girls as much as he could and his dad, brother, and brother in laws made us all a delicious meal for dinner and cleaned it all up. Peyton decided a few weeks ago that it would be fun to surprise Ryan's mom with a talent show done by all of the grand kids around here and it was great. I think she really loved it and so did the rest of us. I am so grateful for my mom and mother in law and all of the wonderful things they have done for me throughout my life. I love you both and Happy Mother's day to all of the wonderful women in my life.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

You did have a wonderful Mother's day! (Just curious....what's your favorite laffy taffy flavor? mine's banana!) Sounds like you had a great day and evening - love that Peyton and her talent show plan! One year she'll even follow in your footsteps and take over the Christmas Eve Nativity.

AnnaMarie said...

Sounds like a great day!

Christin said...

You had an awesome Mother's Day! I'm glad you were well taken care of and felt appreciated. You are an awesome mom! Tell Peyton to plan a talent show for the Cardon side.

The Ferrells said...

You are such a joy in our lives, Emily!! We are so blessed to have you as part of our family--

Jen Hakes said...

So glad you got to relax and enjoy the day a bit! You certainly deserve it! Happy Mother's Day Emily!

Deb said...

You are an awesome mother so I'm glad you had a great day.