The Ferrells

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mommy Daughter Date

Peyton and I were able to go and spend some time together by ourselves today and I let Peyton decide what she wanted to do. She first had me take her to get a delicious smoothie from Tropical Smoothie Cafe. I let her get her very own big one and she enjoyed it until her stomach couldn't handle anymore.
We then headed to the mall so she could play in the play place, ride the carousel, and get a free taster of lemonade from Hot Dog on a Stick. I am not sure why she wanted to ride the carousel because she will never go on it with us at Disneyland but she spent her own money to do it so I wasn't going to question her. She picked the seat you can spin around in while the carousel spins around. It made me sick just watching her do it but she had a great time.
I loved having one on one time with her since it seems to be so rare these days. It made me want to be better at planning time where we can just hang out together with no one else around to interrupt us. I sure love Peyton and I am so proud of how she is growing up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fun! What a great mom you are!

AnnaMarie said...

That sounds nice. It really does take planning to make time for one-on-one time. I think we need to start this for Katie and me.

Jen Hakes said...

One on one time is so rare but so important. Glad you had a great time together and that the smoothie stayed inside her tummy after spinning around. My kids spin on that thing so fast I can't believe they don't get sick.

La Famille B said...

I love one on one dates. And what a great date you two had.