The Ferrells

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Yum, Cake!

We had a small birthday party for Alexis with my family on Saturday. We ate a delicious dinner and then had cake and opened a few presents. Alexis had a great time and loved all of the attention she got from her cousins, her aunts and uncles, and her grandparents.
My nephew Joshua asked if he could hold Alexis (this is his second time asking and if you knew him you would know what a big deal this is) and of course I had to take a picture.
Here Alexis is while we are singing "Happy Birthday" to her.

I made a dairy and egg free cake and Alexis was so excited to try it. The next few pictures show how much she loved it.

I let her eat as much as she wanted because she never gets to have anything like this because of her food allergies. I have never seen her eat so much "real food" before in her life. We usually struggle to get her to eat so it was fun to see her enjoying herself.
She decided that eating the presents would be more fun than opening them. We hope you had a great day Alexis.

4 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

What a sweetheart. Can't wait to see her again in a few months.

Anonymous said...

Cake for every meal! There is your solution!

Jen Hakes said...

What a fun day for her! I'm so glad she was able to enjoy a cake made just with her in mind.

La Famille B said...

Great job on the cake! She is so adorable.