The Ferrells

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Gila Valley Temple

Last Saturday we were able to go to a special open house at the Gila Valley Temple. It is the 3rd temple to be built in Arizona and I was excited that my daughters would be able to go through the temple for the first time. My dad's company helped supply the steel structure for the temple so we got to have a special open house just for those who helped build it. The girls loved seeing all of the rooms and it was priceless to see their expressions when we walked into the celestial room. They were in awe of how beautiful it was, especially the chandelier. Afterwards they had a yummy lunch for us at the stake center next to the temple. I am so grateful for temples and that we had the opportunity to be with our daughters inside. Thanks dad for inviting us.

Here are most of my parent's grand kids. It was fun being with them and seeing how they all reacted. Before we went inside they showed us a video about temples and when it ended Joshua, my sister Christin's autistic son said something like, "that was awesome". It was so precious and melted my heart.


5 comments:

Jen Hakes said...

You guys are so lucky to be near one another. What a great memory.

Nicole said...

Our YM/YW are going this Saturday. I'm so excited for Colton. Joshua's comment melted my heart too! What a great day for your family.

Amanda said...

Just finished checking out your blog! Your girls are so cute and I love all their matching dresses! Glad you made it to the park with us today!

AnnaMarie said...

Looks like it was a beautiful day, all around.

Christin said...

As always we had so much fun with your family. Thanks for letting Kate tag along. She loves her cousins