The Ferrells

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mita

My wonderful Mita (Grandmother) passed away on Tuesday morning. She was 96 years old (she would have been 97 in February) and lived a good life. She was born and raised in Switzerland and moved to the US to marry my Papa when she was in her 20s. I was blessed to live close to my grandparents all my years growing up and I have so many wonderful memories with them. I will miss her strong accent (Ryan had a hard time understanding her and I would have to translate her English to him) and her beautiful smile but I know she is happy to be reunited with her husband and son who left this earth before her. I can't wait to see many of my family members at her funeral this weekend and reminisce about all the wonderful things we did with Mita and Papa. I love you Mita and I will miss you dearly.

5 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Oh, Emily. I'm so sorry! I know you will deeply miss your beautiful Mita. I'm glad you have so many memories of her.

Nicole said...

You've made me smile on fb and now your blog today! Thanks for the post and I can't wait for the gathering this weekend. Get ready for the 2nd installment of OUR BIG FAT MORMON FUNERAL!!!!

Lena said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother. You and your family are in our prayers.

Libby said...

Hi, you have a wonderful blog. Way to go! I am new to blogging and could use a few pointers. Please visit my blog and become a follower. pickyeatersolutions.blogspot.com

Deb said...

that is such a lovely photo of your mita. i will always remember her accent too. jen was so sad that she could not make it to the funeral, but i bet it was a beautiful service.