The Ferrells

Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween!

We had a great Halloween week. We started it off with a trip to the pumpkin patch to pick out the perfect pumpkins for Peyton and Hailey. Alexis loved running around in there and got really dirty.

On Wednesday Val Vista Lakes Clubhouse had a great Halloween party that the girls really wanted to go to. So we got them all dressed up and headed out to play games and get treats.

Hailey was Alice from Alice In Wonderland, Alexis was a princess, and Peyton was an angel.

On Friday night we finally had the opportunity to carve our pumpkins. My friend had these cute Mr. Potato Head pumpkin decorating things on her blog and I knew the girls would love them.
Hailey chose to do the witch.

Peyton chose the pirate.

Ryan was the only one to carve a pumpkin and Alexis was very angry that she was not allowed to "help" out. Doesn't she look so happy in this picture.

On Saturday night our ward had a fabulous Fall Festival. The food was delicious (Navajo tacos and caramel apples) and the games were fun. My parents, my sister Becky and her family, my brother Scott and his girlfriend, and Ryan's parents were all there to enjoy the festivities with us.
Alexis had her first time in a bounce house and loved it until she got trampled on.

Ryan challenged my brother to a race on the bungee run. They had a great time but got a little whiplash.

Peyton was called up to be part of the pie eating contest. She chose an apple pie because she hates pumpkin. She did her best but she didn't win.

She did have a bit of a tummy ache after it was over.
On Sunday the Ferrells had another awesome Halloween party. My sister in law Tricia did all the decorations and it looked great.

People were so creative with their food and had great names for all of them.

Tricia had a Halloween bingo game the kids played with lots of fun prizes. The kids loved it.

My cousin Jennifer did Bloody Sundaes at her Halloween party and I decided to use her idea. The kids loved them and it was so easy. I am so glad that we were able to have so much fun this last week and made lots of wonderful memories.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

You know how to stretch out the fun! Cute sundae idea!

AnnaMarie said...

Wow, now that's a Halloween celebration!

Jen Hakes said...

I love fun parties like that! I'm so glad you did those fun sundaes! I'm so going to miss you this Christmas!

Tiffiny said...

I love those pumpkins. What a great idea with kids!