The Ferrells

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Sacrifice

Over the past 6 months I have had to stay away from dairy because the doctor thinks Alexis is allergic. It has been such a hard thing to do since everything seems to contain some form of milk. I have been getting pretty good about not focusing on the things I can't eat and appreciating the things I can eat until the holidays rolled around. There are so many wonderful treats and foods that I associate with Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas that have dairy in them. I have had to ask my family to make some changes to the food they are making for Thanksgiving just so I can eat something during dinner. I don't even like to think about Christmas eve and Christmas morning and all my favorite things I can't have. But in the end I always think about my beautiful baby Alexis and how much she means to me. She is way more important than my favorite foods and she is worth every sacrifice I have had to make. I just need to keep reminding myself so I can have a smile on my face and a good attitude over the next few weeks.

5 comments:

RCardon said...

You are so awesome Emily! That would be REALLY difficult for to do...we'll have to think of some substitutes for all of our Christmas favorites. Maybe I'll ask chef Amy if she has any ideas. : ) It was so good talking to you yesterday. Love ya!

AnnaMarie said...

She is worth it, but wow, that is tough. Thanks for the nice way of reminding all of us to make dairy-free stuff! I have been assigned a salad, so won't have trouble. :) Love you, and can't wait to meet Alexis!

Nicole said...

It is worth it! But the holidays are tough.....we'll have to spoil you with what you can have!

Becky and Brian said...

I pray that does not happen to me because I don't think I could live without dairy! You are my inspiration!

ThePalmers said...

You really are great Em- I don't know if I would/could have done it. Love you! PS- Can you think of a really great dairy free soup for Christmas eve (on the 18th). The only one I can think of is Spill the beans!