The Ferrells

Friday, September 11, 2009

T'was The Night Before Peyton's Baptism

I really wanted to do something special for Peyton to celebrate her upcoming baptism. I had thought about taking her out to dinner but my mom couldn't babysit and I didn't want to ask anyone else on a Friday night. So I decided to do a candlelight dinner at home instead and Peyton was so excited when she heard the idea. She helped me plan the menu (she insisted on having Pei Wei because that is what she has been wanting for a long time) and she wanted chocolate covered strawberries and brownies for dessert. She picked out the tablecloth and helped me set the table with Grandma Ferrell's china, candlesticks, and candles. Here we are before the meal started.

Peyton was so happy (just look at her huge smile) and had such a great time. It was fun talking about why we get baptised and anything else the girls wanted to talk about. They enjoyed doing "Cheers" with the fancy glasses and ate until their tummies where stuffed. I am so blessed to have such good little girls who really want to do what is right.

5 comments:

Kevin and Lisa said...

That is such a good idea. Braxton's baptism is on Halloween! I can't believe time has gone so fast. Congrats!

La Famille B said...

What a great idea to celebrate Peyton like that!
Juliet

ThePalmers said...

Wow, what a cute idea!

Tyler said...

Wow, very impressive. Hope that the Baptism went well. Wish we could have been there!

(Mom let you use the China?!? She never let me use that stuff! Not hard to tell who she trusts more...)

Jen Hakes said...

Great tradition!