The Ferrells

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

4 Blissful Nights

For those of you who know me well you know that I am a very scheduled person. I really like to be in control of things and I don't like chaos. Well having a newborn baby really doesn't fit well with my personality and so I really struggle for a while after I have a baby. So when Peyton was 6 weeks old and I was going absolutely out of my mind because I was sleep deprived and had post partum depression but didn't know it, my mom brought over a book that her friend had read and used with her newborn baby. The book was Babywise and it saved my life. (I know some of you don't like the book or don't agree with it but it works for me.) So by 8 weeks old Peyton was sleeping through the night and by 12 weeks old Hailey was sleeping through the night and both were on a schedule. Well then Alexis came along and she has had major stomach problems so I didn't know if she would follow in her sister's footsteps. After we figured out that she had a milk allergy and after several relapses on my part of having milk product because I didn't know it contained milk (who would have thought Ramen Noodles would contain milk) or because I just really wanted to eat something she finally started sleeping through the night. We have had 4 straight blissful nights of sleep (she has slept 9 straight hours each night). So it might have taken her a few extra weeks because of her stomach issues (she is now 15 weeks old today) but I finally have reached my first major goal with her. I really miss dairy products (goodbye ice cream, cheese, chocolate, and too many other things to name) but it is worth it to have her sleeping well. I am now enjoying Alexis a lot more and I feel so much better. So Thank You Babywise, we will meet again when we have another little one.
Here are a couple of pictures I took of Alexis in my favorite dress my cousins and Aunt gave her. I love the flip flops on it. These are the faces I got when I tried to get her to smile.


7 comments:

The Ferrells said...

She is so darling--the dress just makes her that much cuter!!

Nicole said...

Love the dress and so happy you're getting some sleep. Really excited that you'll have another girl....I mean baby one day!

Baggiore family said...

So darling! When can we get together so I can see this cute little one of yours?

Jen Hakes said...

Emily, I am so happy for you. I think it will be about three more months until I get a full nights sleep. Baby Alexis is so pretty.

Jason said...

Hurray! I'm glad to hear you are doing well and Alexis is sleeping through the night...so nice!
I sure miss you and your sweet family. I'll have to call and catch up sometime.
I love the pictures!

Love,
Lena

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

La Famille B said...

Alexis is so adorable. I am so glad you got 4 blissful nights. I hope she continues to do well.