The Ferrells

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sisters

As I watched Peyton hold Alexis tonight it reminded me how lucky I am to have 3 wonderful sisters. Growing up I didn't always feel so lucky but most of the time I did. My 2 older sisters were always so great to include me in a lot of stuff they were doing especially as they got older. I always wanted to tag along with them because I thought they were so cool. They even let me borrow their clothes sometimes. They have always been there to give me great advice and to listen to me complain or vent. I still go to them for advice now that we are older. My younger sister has always been someone I looked up to because she always seemed so perfect. She was smart, beautiful (even in her tom boy stages), and was an awesome basketball player. Everything she did she gave more than 100% and she never failed at anything. At times I wished I had her dedication and work ethic. I probably wasn't always the easiest person to share a room with (that is an understatement) but she never complained about it.
Alexis is so lucky to have 2 older sisters to take care of her and give her advice when she needs it. I hope that my 3 girls are able to have such wonderful relationships with each other throughout their life like I have with my sisters.

8 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm sure they will have great times growing up like you and your sisters. What a fun time for Peyton and Hailey to enjoy this baby sister! Can't wait to see this baby soon.

Jen Hakes said...

Very sweet. I feel the same way. Ditto. Can't wait to meet my little girl which I'm sure will not have those lovely locks but peach fuzz instead.

AnnaMarie said...

That's nice, Em. I'm glad to see a new picture of Alexis! Katie and I look at "Baby 'Lexis" every day when she demands it. She'll be excited when she wakes up from her nap. And I'm glad your family will have all the drama and joy of having three sisters in it. :)

Anonymous said...

"...and also, I have this GREAT sister in law, who really is like a sister...in fact...she's probably my favorite of all. No really, she's the best. Her name is Ashley."

Becky and Brian said...

thanks Emily! I love having you as a sister as well! it is great that you live so close now!

Emily Ferrell said...

Ashley I totally agree with your comment. I guess I should have included my wonderful sister in laws. You guys are really like sisters to me.

RCardon said...

Emily, what a sweet post. You are GREAT and I sure do love you(even if you never let me play, have toys or do anything but sleep in "our" room!) : ) JK I am really lucky to have you as a sister! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Christin said...

You are so awesome! I am so glad your my sister!