The Ferrells

Friday, May 22, 2009

Introducing Alexis Ryan Ferrell

On Wednesday I went into the hospital to be induced because my doctor wanted to make sure I received all of my antibiotics before I had the baby (because I am Group B Strep positive). With Hailey I delivered so fast that I wasn't able to receive the antibiotics so Hailey had to have an IV for 2 days with the antibiotics. My doctor didn't want this to happen again. So Wednesday morning I got the girls ready for school and then went off to the hospital. For the first 6 hours I laid in bed getting an IV with the meds and then around 1:30 PM my doctor came and broke my water and started me on pitocine. Alexis was born at 3:49 PM so my labor was very quick once it got started. My doctor made it there for the last 2 pushes because I went from a 7 to a 10 in 10 minutes. Alexis is very healthy and looks a lot like her sisters did (especially Hailey). Her nose is squished on one side just like Hailey's was and luckily that will go away after a few days. She does have dark hair but not quite as much as Hailey and Peyton had. Her two older sisters just absolutely adore her and fight over her whenever they can. I am so grateful that she is healthy and that everything worked out for her labor.
Here we are right before I went to the hospital. The last time as a family of four.
The girls got to meet Alexis just a couple hours after she was born.

Here are the 3 cutest sisters that I know.

Alexis Ryan Ferrell
7 lbs 11 oz.
20 inches long

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO PRETTY! When do I get to shoot her! (In the nicest way possible, no guns involved!)

Nicole said...

She is beautiful!!! (not a big shock) We're so happy for you and your family and can't wait to see her...and you!

Natasha said...

Alexis is beautiful! Now you have 3 beautiful girls. So happy for you.

Becky and Brian said...

cute pictures! glad all went well going home!

AnnaMarie said...

Oh Emily! She's so beautiful! Thanks for posting pictures. I can't believe how not-9-months-pregnant you look in your "before" picture. :) I hope you're feeling great and enjoying your three girls!

Kevin and Lisa said...

So....epidural or not?

Jen Hakes said...

She is so beautiful Emily! I'm so glad she is here safe and sound. Congratulations! You look amazing too!

Charlie & Judy said...

What a CUTIE! I love the picture of the 3 girls! Congrats. What a beautiful family! :)

Tyler said...

Congratulations! Glad that everything went well. Keep the pictures coming!

Alisa said...

She looks too pretty and perfect to be a newborn! Congratulations!

Tiffiny said...

Congratulations Emily!! I'm so happy to hear everything went well with the delivery. You have three beautiful girls! Thank you for posting the pictures so soon!