The Ferrells

Sunday, March 29, 2009

China

I have finally posted pictures of my adventures in China with my in-laws and sister-in-laws. We had a great time and it was quite an experience. I am so grateful to have such wonderful in-laws who provided this experience for me.
Here we are at LAX waiting for our first long flight to Korea. Boy were we excited.
This is the lovely food they served on the airplane. You could choose a Western meal or an Asian meal and my sister-in-law chose the Asian one. Neither were very appetizing.

I had a hard time eating the food there because it just wasn't what I was use to. American Chinese food is a lot different than what people really eat in China.

We celebrated my sister-in-law Amber's birthday while we were in China and she wanted us all to go and get a massage together. I felt a little more like torture and was quite different than a massage in the USA. We had to put on these cute little outfits for the massage.

We were able to visit the Terra Cotta Warriors while were were in Xian. It was quite an amazing site to see all of these things that were built to protect the Emperor's dead body.
We also visited the city wall in Xian that use to go around the whole city to protect it from the enemy.

The highlight of my trip was going to see the Olympic sites in Beijing. I am a huge sports fan so seeing the places where all of those amazing events took place last year was awesome. Here we are in front of the Bird's Nest where they held the opening and closing ceremonies and track and field events.

This is the place I looked forward to seeing the most. The water cube. It was so awesome to be able to see where history took place for Michael Phelps. I am a huge fan of swimming and watched almost every minute of the swimming events. The building was so spectacular and I was so excited to go inside.


Here I am inside of the water cube in front of the pool where all of the action took place.


We were able to go and tour the summer palace in Beijing where the Emperor spent his summers. It was huge and so beautiful. It was so interesting to hear all of the stories from their history.


Here I am riding on the subway for my very first time. We took the subway a lot in Beijing to get to all of the good shopping places. We shopped a lot and came home with lots of gifts.

Here we are at the Great Wall. This is the picture of us before we hiked up it. It was such a sight to behold and was so amazing to see.


Here we are hiking up. It was really steep (we chose to do the harder climb because we are strong women)! Our bodies were slanted forward because of how steep it was.
Here we are at the top part of our climb. We could have climbed forever but it was a lot of hard work and it was cold. There are so many other things we did while in China but those are some of the highlights. I guess you will just have to go visit their yourself and see what it is all about.


2 comments:

Tiffiny said...

Thanks for sharing all of those great pictures! It really took me back. Except for the massage and Olympic buildings I had gone to all of those same places. I think the Great Wall and the Summer Palace were my favorites!

Alisa said...

What a great opportunity! How wonderful that you were able to travel there! Thanks for sharing the pictures.