The Ferrells

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Thanksgiving and My Birthday

On Thanksgiving morning Ryan was invited to go shooting with some friends from the ward. He just had to go and he really enjoyed himself. Now he wants to buy lots of guns and go shooting all the time.
We went to my parent's house for a delicious Thanksgiving meal. We had a small crowd this year since most people were out of town but we still had a great time.
That weekend was also my birthday and Ryan and the girls spoiled me. They got me lots of great gifts including the second best gift I have ever been given (my engagement ring is number 1). Ryan had taken my Mita's (grandmother) jewelry stand that I had inherited when she passed away in January to get refurbished. It was falling apart and would not have been able to stand much longer if it wasn't fixed. This jewelry stand means so much to me. I use to play with it when I was a kid and I would go visit my Mita and Papa. She had a bunch of costume jewelry she kept in it and we would dress up and have a great time. Her father had given it to her as a present back in 1931. He bought it in a small village just outside of Paris (my Mita is from Switzerland). It is something I will cherish forever and look forward to passing it down to one of my daughters.
I had a great birthday and am so grateful for my family who made it so wonderful.

No comments: