The Ferrells

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Peyton's School Journal


Peyton brought her journal home from school today. She needed me to help her type a story she had written in it. When she was going to bed she asked me if I would read her other journal entries while she was asleep and I said sure. It was great reading what she is really thinking about. In one of her entries she wrote about 3 things that make her feel special and one of them was that I had decided to change my ear piercing policy. Instead of having to wait until she is 12 to get them pierced I told her she could get them pierced as soon as she showed me she was mature enough to have them. I never knew how much this meant to her until I read that entry. Another entry she wrote about was a person she looked up to that she would want to spend the afternoon with and she chose her cousin Summer. She wrote all the things that they would do together and why she chose Summer. It was so sweet. Peyton is such a wonderful daughter and I love her so much. She is so sweet, loving, and friendly. I am so grateful to have her in my life.

3 comments:

Jen Hakes said...

Looks like some sparkly new ears are in her near future. She is such a sweet girl. You have taught her well.

Nicole said...

So sweet for sure! I've read my boys journals.....let's just say I won't be blogging about it anytime soon. Can't wait to see earrings on that girl!

La Famille B said...

How wonderful to have proof that she listens and respects and loves you. You are doing such a great job with her. Can't wait to see her earrings.
Juliet