The Ferrells

Saturday, February 7, 2009

I Love Beijing More Than Ever

We had a great time in Xian and really enjoyed seeing the city wall and the Terra cotta warriors. It was such an amazing sight to see thousands of warriors built to protect the emperors dead body. I wonder what the people where thinking when they were building them. Then we flew to Beijing and my heart just leapt when I saw the city. It is amazing starting from the moment you step into the brand new airport they built for the Olympics. After we drove from the airport to our hotel and got checked in I was thinking "God Bless Beijing". I loved every minute of Beijing (luckily we were there for 3 1/2 days). I will be blogging more about the trip when I get home (we are leaving in 30 minutes to go to the airport) but I just wanted to let everyone know that I did enjoy China (I just enjoyed some parts more than others). I can't wait to get home and see my family but I am so grateful that my in laws gave me such an awesome life experience. I am definitely coming back to Beijing with Ryan sometime. I can't wait to see some of you when I get home.

8 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm so happy to hear how much you loved Beijing! I can't wait to see you when you get home! (I hope I'm one of the "some of you" you want to see when you get home!!!)

Alisa said...

What!? You went to China?! Wow, how awesome! I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Jen Hakes said...

Looking forward to seeing and hearing more!

AnnaMarie said...

I"m glad to hear that you had a fun time in Beijing! Call me sometime when you can give me the whole scoop and tell me what I should plan on doing there!

Charlie & Judy said...

How exciting......I finally got my computer up and running...now I can keep up with all that is new and exciting! We miss you tons!

The Grays

The Ferrells said...

When did you post the new pictures? They are so good. The girls are growing up so fast and so lovely!!

Tiffiny said...

Wow!! What a great experience! I loved my time teaching in China and traveling around. I totally understand when you talk about everyone smoking everywhere. The spitting was another thing that always made me cringe. I look forward to hearing more about your trip, and the walk down memory lane it will bring.

carrie said...

You are sooo lucky Emily! What an amazing experience! I'm jealous. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

..So, how are things going in Arizona? Are you guys thinking of making a trip out here to Cali anytime soon? Please let us know when you do...we would love to hook up!