The Ferrells

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Greetings from China!

Well we made it to China safely after 3 different flights. We first flew to LAX and then we took a long 13 1/2 hour flight to Seoul, Korea. We had a 4 hour layover in the Korean airport which is like a luxury mall. Then we flew to Tianjin where we were met by my father-in-law and then we took a ride to the University where my in-laws are teaching at. I was totally exhausted by then end of the flights but the day had only just begun in China. We have been to some small markets where they sell food and today we went to a large market where they sell anything under the sun. After being in China for a day and a half I only have one thing to say, "God Bless America". Boy I am so happy that I live in such a clean and wonderful country. I hope the baby isn't inhaling too much second hand smoke (they smoke everywhere and right in your face) and I am hoping that my body will recover from the rock hard beds. This is definitely a once in a lifetime experience (especially since I don't think I will ever come back). Tomorrow we leave at 5:30 in the morning for Xian. I hope I don't freeze to death. The girls are having a great time with Ryan so I am not worried about them anymore.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Glad you made it there safe! We can throw a "Welcome back to America, LAND THAT I LOVE" party when you get home. It cracks me up that the "you can't go wrong ordering chicken strips" girl is traveling the world! ENJOY!!!

Jen Hakes said...

Wow, what are you doing in China? Is that a stupid question? Hope you end up enjoying yourself!

AnnaMarie said...

I wouldn't exactly call you an optimist, Emily. :) I hope you survive, and enjoy some parts, at least! Love & miss you!

Becky and Brian said...

Glad you made it safe and sound.