The Ferrells

Monday, September 22, 2008

The Luckiest Day of Peyton's Life

I promised Peyton that I would take her to Disneyland once during her 3 week break by herself without Hailey. So Ryan took work off today to take care of Hailey and Peyton and I headed off to Disneyland and California Adventure. We started out at California Adventure because Peyton really wanted to go on the big roller coaster. After an hour of being there we decided to take a break from the fast rides (there weren't any lines so I was getting a little motion sick) and go to the Brother Bear playground area. Peyton wanted to go down the slides so we climbed up the stairs and when we got up there we were greeted by a Disney Employee and were given a "Dream Fastpass" that gets you to the front of the line of any ride that has fastpass capabilities at Disneyland and California Adventure. We were so excited and thought that we were so lucky to be in the right place at the right time. A couple of hours later we were at Disneyland and had just exited "Big Thunder Mountain" when we were greeted by another Disney employee and given a "Special Park Dream Time Event" which allowed us to stay an hour and a half past closing and go on all the rides we wanted (along with about 2000 other people). Peyton was so excited because I had told her we needed to leave by 4:00 PM so I could get ready for our big trip we are leaving on tomorrow but I just couldn't pass up this once in a lifetime opportunity we were given. So we stayed at Disneyland until 9:30 PM (the park closed at 8:00 tonight) and were able to go on 7 extra rides in one hour. I am so tired and I have not packed anything for our 2 1/2 week trip we are going on tomorrow but at least Peyton said that she had one of the best days of her life. Here are a few pictures from our day.










By the way. Don't feel too sorry for Hailey. Ryan took her to Knott's Berry Farm for a few hours today and she got to play at McDonald's for dinner. Ryan said that she was able to dance on stage with Charlie Brown and Snoopy (Charlie Brown picked her out from the audience) and loved every minute of it. Too bad I had the camera so he couldn't take any pictures.

7 comments:

Mom/dad said...

You are such good parents to give your kids individual attention. I am so impressed with everything you manage to do! Love, Mother

Anonymous said...

Seriously, look at that giant grin plastered on Peyton's face. That is a day she will NEVER forget! You are an awesome MOM!!!

AnnaMarie said...

Wow, you guys are having fun! I hope you're not too bored in Utah with us! Can't wait to see you!

Nicole said...

What a fun day! It's the best to take some time with just one child at a time. The only thing that could have made that day better is if I COULD GO TO DISNEYLAND.....sorry, the jealous Nicole came out for a second!
Love you!

Jen Hakes said...

How much fun! My kids would agree that she was the luckiest girl that day!

carrie said...

Wow! What did you do to get so lucky?! I bet it was one of the best days of Peyton's life....one on one day with Mom at Disneyland with special privileges! What more could any kid want??

Hope you're having fun on your trip!

Shavonne said...

What a good mom you are! I would love that one on one time with my mom, and to go to Disneyland! Sounds like you picked a lucky day to go!