The Ferrells

Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Silent Treatment

Ryan and Peyton went to Los Angeles today to go to The American Girl Store and to spend the night at a hotel with Uncle Scott and Aurora. Hailey was so upset that she was not invited that she spent about 20 minutes this morning screaming and crying that she wanted to go. Every half hour she would ask why she wasn't allowed to go and I would give her the same answer each time. She would cry a little each time she asked. I took her to the movies and she got to get a treat after so I thought that might pacify her. When we got home from the movie I put her down for a nap and hoped that she would forget about Ryan and Peyton. When she got up from her nap she was still upset and would not talk to me for about 45 minutes. I would ask her if she wanted to play something or go somewhere with me and she would not answer. She would just bury her face in the pillow and ignore me. I don't know how a 3 year old learned how to give the silent treatment but it really broke my heart. I sure hope she forgives Ryan someday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sad for her! Dang it, wish Jaxon was there to spice up her life...Im not saying she would enjoy it, but it might take her mind off the American Girl store! Give her a big hug from Jaxon, Aunt Ashley, and Uncle Deebs (that's what Peyton used to call him anyways!)

AnnaMarie said...

Ashley, don't bring up Peyton...it's a sore subject for Hailey.
It's a hard lesson for a 3-year-old to learn, that she doesn't get to do everything. But sorry you had to suffer also, Emily.
I hope we get to see you this month!

Nicole said...

Too sad for Hailey and Mom! Don't be surprised if Ryan doesn't suffer like you are. Dads tend to always be the hero and moms tend to get blamed, cried at, yelled at and sometimes they even get the silent treatment! Sad, but true...at least in my household.

Jen Hakes said...

Three year olds are too smart! It's so hard having two kids the same sex in a row. I'm starting a very small business with Savannah and Autumn wants to do it too. How do you include everyone in everything? It's impossible. We just try to do different things with all of them and somehow it all works out.

J-Dawg said...

Oh boy!! My parents had two girls--my sister and I; we are three years apart. They always tried to make everything "even" for us, but is it really possible?...

I hope that Hailey is speaking to you now. I guess this is something that I have to look forward to; hopefully, it won't be as bad between Jonathan and Lauren.

Steph said...

In such a twisted, selfish way, I'm relieved to hear my KK isn't the only child out there capable of manipulation before they are even in school. I just adore Hailey! She has SOOO much personality, i love that about her. At least she's learned how to get her point across. What a lucky duck Peyton!