The Ferrells

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valetine's Day

We had a great time celebrating Valentine's Day this weekend. On Friday Ryan and I were able to go on a date to do sealings at the temple and then went out to dinner. It was really special because Ryan's mission President was the sealer at the temple and it was so nice to see him and enjoy his knowledge and spirit. On Saturday we went to Peyton's volleyball game and Hailey's soccer game. Amber and her kids came over for a short visit and Alexis was able to enjoy her cousin Brennen holding her.

While Amber was visiting she told us that her daughter Kalle and her dad were going to a Father/Daughter dinner at Chick-fil-A. I thought that it sounded like a lot of fun so I got Ryan to make reservations (yes, you had to make reservations). They had a nice sit down dinner where they served you, took your picture with the cow, and gave you a gift certificate to Best Buy. The girls had a great time.



This morning I got up and made a special breakfast for the girls and Ryan. We had red, heart shaped biscuits, strawberries and whip cream, bacon, and hot chocolate with whipped cream.


Then they opened their Valentine's and ate a little treat.

The girls were able to wear their matching Valentine dresses that Grandma Ferrell made them to church. I thought that they looked so cute. After church we went to a birthday party for my Mita (grandmother) who turned 96 yesterday. It was great seeing my Dad's family and the girls had a great time jumping on Nicole's trampoline. After we left the party we came home to have our traditional candlelight dinner with the girls. They look forward to this all year long and they were so excited. They picked roast, potatoes, carrots, asparagus, and gravy. We had chocolate covered strawberries, brownies, and pie for dessert. It was nice to have Ryan's parents join us this year for our celebration. I have such a wonderful family and I am so grateful for each and every one of them. I love you Peyton, Hailey, Alexis, and Ryan. Happy Valentine's Day.

5 comments:

La Famille B said...

What a great day! I love the Chick-fil-a date. Your girls are too sweet.
Juliet

Nicole said...

What a great tradition! So happy to see you and your family yesterday!!!

AnnaMarie said...

Wow, you really go all out for Valentine's Day. I need to get my Mommy Mode on more often!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Check out Lexi's pigtail! HURRAY!
I love the way you make a big deal of holidays...for our family night we are going to sit and talk about traditions we are going to start...becuase your girls will remember those forever, and we want Jaxon to have memories like that too!

Jen Hakes said...

Love all the celebrating! What fun outfits and food! I love holidays!