The Ferrells

Friday, July 24, 2009

"This was the best day of my life!"

Today my sister and her 5 kids came over to play with my girls. They played wii, ate lunch, had ice cream cones, and played wizard school (yes they are all big fans of "Wizards of Waverly Place"). They stayed for 3 hours and my girls had a blast. Then Peyton, Alexis, Grandma Ferrell, and I went shopping for Peyton's baptism dress. She tried on 7 dresses and fell in love with a beautiful white dress that has a blue sash tied around the waist. (While we were shopping Hailey went shopping with Grandpa Ferrell and got a few cute things herself). After we got home I decided to take the girls to Chick-fil-A for dinner since Ryan is out of town studying for the bar. The girls ate and played until I forced them to go home and get ready for bed. On the way home from Chick-fil-A Peyton was so happy and said "Mom, this was the best day of my life!" I love how kids are so easily pleased and I wish that I could remember to enjoy the simple things in life. I am so grateful that I have 3 wonderful daughters to remind me that life is great.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to see the dress! Hurray for best days! (today was NOT jaxon's...too bad he wasn't with YOU guys...maybe things would have gone better!)

Tiffiny said...

Kids really do have a way of helping us put things in perspective!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

Aren't kids great! I'm glad it was such a fun and productive day - how often is a day fun AND productive! We can't wait for Alexis' blessing and Peyton's baptism.

AnnaMarie said...

I am glad you had a nice day! And you'll have to post pics of Peyton's dress when the happy day comes. Wish we could be there for it! Love you lots, and PLEASE post new pics of Alexis!

Christin said...

We had fun too! I can't wait to see Peyton's dress!

Alisa said...

Alexis is so beautiful. Congratulations! I think she looks just like you.