The Ferrells

Sunday, April 19, 2009

She finally did it!

This weekend Peyton finally decided that she was brave enough to take off her training wheels and try to ride her bike on her own. If you know Peyton you understand why it took her so long to get the courage to try it out. She was born very cautious. She didn't crawl, walk, or really move around until she was 14 months old. We were lucky to have daddy here this weekend to help her. I tried helping her for the first 10 minutes and I about killed myself. Trying to run and keep up with a bike and help her keep her balance is a little hard for someone who is 8 months pregnant. It took her a few tries but she finally got it. Now we are working on starting and stopping without any help.

Hailey wanted to be part of the fun so she rode her bike (with training wheels) along the sidewalk.
Here are a couple of videos of Peyton riding her bike.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray Peyton! And might I add one more time...nice shirt Ryan!

ThePalmers said...

Oh that's so cute! What a fun post!

The Ferrells said...

Makes me even more homesick--time is flying by and although it makes me sad to leave these students, it's time to come home!!!!!

Lena said...

Way to go Peyton! We are so happy for you. Rachel still needs to learn a bike this post will give her some motivation.

I don't know what link I had to your blog site before, but it only ever had the one blog entry on it. Now I'm so sad that I've missed all your posts the last year or so. I just spent lots of time going back and reading most of them. What a great family you guys are. We miss you tons.