The Ferrells

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Almost Perfect Day

Today didn't start out perfect. My father-in-law came down to our room and woke me up out of a deep sleep at 4:55 AM to tell Ryan he needed to get up and go to the airport (they went to China today). I couldn't fall back asleep so I just watched TV until Peyton woke up. Peyton went to swim team, then we went to my Primary presidency meeting, and then it was off to Hailey's swim lessons. On the way home from swim lessons we picked up a pizza from Little Ceasers and came home to eat it for lunch. That is when the fun began. Peyton's friend Rachel came over and we played Monopoly and wii. Then we made chex muddy buddies (puppy chow) and dipped strawberries and raspberries in chocolate. My sister Christin called a little later and invited us to go to Mesquite pool so we put on our suits and jumped in the car to go swimming. Hailey decided to be so brave and went down both big water slides numerous times and even jumped off the diving board into the very deep water. We all had such a great time. My niece Kate decided to come home with us so we had a great little party with Rachel and Kate. The girls ate leftover pizza from lunch and of course more chocolate covered strawberries and puppy chow. Once Rachel and Kate left I was thinking that these are the days of summer that you really need to enjoy. It was close to perfect and I am so grateful for days like these. Hopefully tomorrow will be just as great.

2 comments:

La Famille B said...

I adore days like that! Yours sounds good, I wish I could have been there.
Juliet

ThePalmers said...

That's funny. The "Almost Perfect Day" began with Ryan leaving at 4:55am. Hmmm.

Brandt