The Ferrells

Monday, March 8, 2010

Surprise

When Ryan, Hailey, Alexis, and I got home this afternoon Peyton met us at the door and told us she had a big surprise for us. She was so excited and couldn't wait for us to come inside. When we walked into the kitchen we saw plates with yummy fruit on them. She had made us each a fruit platter and wanted us to eat them right away.
Ryan took a big bite out of what he thought was a grapefruit slice (I don't think grapefruits are usually sliced like an orange but I guess he wasn't thinking). His face showed very quickly that it was not a grapefruit but it was a lemon. We were all laughing so hard.
Thanks Peyton for making our afternoon so fun. The fruit was wonderful but not as wonderful as you are. We love you.

5 comments:

ThePalmers said...

That's so cute. I love how kids get so excited about things they have accomplished. What a sweetie!

Nicole said...

Wish I could have seen that! Peyton, you're so thoughtful!

AnnaMarie said...

How fun. Especially for Ryan.

Anonymous said...

Where's my fruit plate? I like fruit too!!!

La Famille B said...

What a great girl Peyton is. That is so sweet and thoughtful. Would have loved to see Ryan eat the lemon.
Juliet